Friday, March 21, 2014

20% Post #4

I have not talked with any experts in my potential audience of teachers or students. However, I have talked with fellow students about my project and received valuable feedback on my topic. One friend of mine, who is also a college student, told me about his personal learning experience with technology, and how using his own technology was an overall benefit to his learning process. Looking at the primary education level, however, is different than looking at the college level when considering the bring your own technology policy. Most students in college will have the ability to afford some type of personal technology for school, considering how much college itself costs. While many primary education students may or may not have that ability. Considering that many schools are public and free, they will contain families of various income levels. So while the policy may be beneficial in college (or private schools) where most students have the means to purchase technology, it may not be in public schools where the financial means of students varies greatly. I think this will be an interesting topic to integrate into my final recommendation on the policy. It really shows that the policy and its effectiveness depend on the school to which it is being applied. The policy cannot have a definite answer or results when applied since school systems across the nation are so diverse in their student population, financial abilities, and methods of learning. This means that when considering BYOT, it really does depend on the individual school or school systems situation. 

1 comment:

  1. I think you are considering very important ideas in this post! It’s a great idea to interview peers but I think you definitely need input from teachers and educators. If it is difficult to get in contact with educators, I’m sure that there are interviews and articles with teachers and school administration regarding BYOT programs.

    ReplyDelete