Wednesday, March 5, 2014

20% post #3

I have yet to use any sort of social media to find resources related to my project; however I do think it could be a useful tool to find new ideas and opinions to incorporate into my research. I think that through interaction with others via social media I could potentially obtain a lot of new information and new opinions on my subject that I may not have considered before. Also, seeing other student’s research could be useful to my own research if the topics overlap or relate in some sort of way. I think it will be interesting to use social media and interactions with others to further my research and project development.

                Mainly I have been doing standard research of my topic using online resources. I am still trying to get a good solid foundation of information on the topic and my approach towards presenting the information that I find. I think that reaching out to other sources though such as social media and seeking feedback on my work would definitely be beneficial. Outside advice and views are always good because sometimes you will be notified of flaws or opportunities for your plan that might not have been clear before. I think going forward I will do some research using social media to broaden my scope of information that I am finding and to hopefully gain some useful feedback on my project idea that can help me refine it to best present my findings on bring your own technology. 

1 comment:

  1. I think it is interesting to incorporate social media into your 20% Design Project. I haven’t even considered this. I agree that social media is a great tool to gain new perspectives. It’s a great way to get research on your topic! In high school, I took many marketing classes and a concept that was stressed was secondary and primary research. You are finding secondary research from outside sources but social media will help you conduct primary research.

    ReplyDelete