Monday, February 10, 2014

Horizon Report Reflection

I would agree that openness is definitely becoming a common trend in emerging technologies that are being used in education. I have noticed more of my classes that are using online open forums and technologies that allow for the ease of access for the class to resources and class material. I know that I have started to use Google drive a lot more for things like class review sheets and presentations. It provides an open source where others can access the material and edit it from a computer anywhere.


                












I think the change toward more personalized, open, hybrid learning and the changing role of educators means a new type of learning experience for me that is more engaging and potentially more effective. It is a more dynamic learning style that has the potential to accommodate my personal learning traits and abilities.




I think the challenge concerning the refusal of some to accept change is something that would prevent the effective integration of technology into the classroom. It is something that I would find challenging too, because I am not always willing to accept change, I like routine and established things. I think using small steps toward the change will help me to better accept it. As opposed to a full overhaul  of the current status quo.  

                

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I really like how you added personal experiences from your classes. I always find it interesting how all students have varying degrees of technology integration and experience. Also, you're definitely not alone in not wanting to always accept the changing technology.

    ReplyDelete