Thursday, February 13, 2014

20% project, reflection #1

               I have done some initial research into my topic and found that so far it does not seem to be too broad or too limited. I think if I tried to only focus on one side of my issue, that it wouldn’t provide a good overall image of the issue. There seems to be a lot of information and discussion surrounding the use of the ‘bring your own technology’ policy and its advantages and disadvantages. I think there will be plenty of resources for me to draw from for my research into this topic. It is a very fresh issue and will have much debate surrounding it for the time being.
                To modify my topic so that it is sustainable until the end of April, I could research one side at a time. For example, I could look into all the arguments for the use of ‘bring your own technology’ and their stated advantages and analyze only that side. Then afterwards I could do the same with the arguments against the policy. Once that is complete I could then compare what I found on both sides of the argument and see which side makes a more compelling argument. I would then probably try and formulate my own opinion on the issue based on the comparisons.

                I could possibly divide my topic into smaller questions that would address different basic principles and ideas of the ‘bring your own technology’ approach. This might also make my research more sustainable and help to give a more detailed analysis of the topic. 

1 comment:

  1. At first I was a little confused on what you were doing for your 20% Project. I think you need to clarify a little bit in future posts. However, I think you have a lot of potential with doing your project on BYOT programs. I went to a high school that created one of the first BYOT programs so my learning experience has centered around technology. I have been able to see the benefits of BYOT programs first hand. Let me know if you need any insight into your project! Also, you've done a good job with breaking down your project initially. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete